At SKM Furniture, we know that you care how your personal information is handled and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
We collect, hold, use, disclose and handle your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Act 1988, Australian Spam Act 2003 (Cth). Also, we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in relation to the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
What is your personal information?
Information we collect and hold
We may collect the following types of Personal Information about you:
- your name, address, telephone number, email address and Facebook account details
- date of birth, gender, age, purchase history, income, occupation, hobbies and interests;
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- any information provided to us through competitions, promotions, loyalty programs or customer surveys
- details of your use of our website including your server address, domain name, type of browser, date and time of your visit and pages accessed
- any additional information provided to us, customer surveys, our franchisees, our related entities and/or our service and/or support centre
We collect anonymous information on website activity. We use this data to evaluate our website’s performance and to improve the content we display to you. To evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising, we may use third parties to collect statistical data. No personal information is collected on these occasions. We may log IP addresses (the electronic address of a computer connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer our website, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information.
Our website uses Google AdWords, Google Analytics, and the Google Display Network together to serve ads to you on other websites after you have visited our website. This practice is known as remarketing and is a tool that Google offers to businesses. If you would like to know more about the program, you can find out by going to google. If you would like to opt-out of receiving advertising like this from Google, you can manage these settings by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager.
we may also place a cookie on your computer through your web browser. A cookie is a small data file that is sent from our webserver and stored on your computer’s hard drive. The cookie cannot be used to identify you and its only purpose is to enable our systems to recognise your browser and provide you with a better interaction with our website. However, you may choose to reject the cookie, which will still allow you to visit the website, but may limit your experience and access on the site.
We may collect personal information about you when you purchase goods and services from us, when you contact us with an enquiry, when you request information about goods and services from us, when you submit an employment, supplier, franchise or licence application, through the SKM furniture website or social media platform, when you enter a competition or other promotion, when you join a loyalty program or our mailing list or complete a customer survey or when you have any similar dealings with us.
Use and Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships for business, marketing, and related purposes;
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent; and,
- to comply with any relevant law.
Your information will not be shared, sold or given to any third parties, unless required or authorised under the Privacy Act, required by law or on a confidential basis to agents, advisers and suppliers that we use in the ordinary operation of our business, such as for data processing, printing or mailing. We may disclose personal information about you to overseas recipients for data storage, processing and/or marketing purposes. It is not practicable to specify the countries those overseas recipients are likely to be located in.
We takes all steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy or de-identify personal information that we no longer need and are not required by law to retain.
We have a unique range of household products and services that we provide to customers at a high standard. We therefore would like to stay in touch with customers and may provide them with information about new products, services and promotions either from us, or from third parties which may be of interest to you.
These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without first notifying you.
At SKM Furniture we only want to communicate with you if you want to hear from us. You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive commercial messages from us. You can make this request by contacting our Privacy Officer.
Third-party web sites
Links to third party web sites on www.skmfurniture.com.au are provided solely as a convenience to you. Please be aware that we are in no way responsible for the privacy practices on these sites.
Personal information Quality
Our aim is to ensure that your personal information that we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To help us with this, please contact us if any of your information you have provided changes and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
SKM Furniture is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration.
Breach of privacy
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. Our procedure for investigating and dealing with privacy breach may involve: making an assessment; taking immediate steps to contain the breach; designating a person/team to coordinate a response; consider what Personal Information is involved; determine whether the context of the information is important; establish the cause and extent of the breach; identify what is the risk of harm (if any); conduct a risk analysis on a case-by-case basis, and consider whether notification is required.
The last update to this document was 22 December 2018.
The Privacy Officer
c/- SKM Furniture
Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information and data contained on this web site, visitors to the site should note that this information and data is subject to change without notice, and its use, for whatever purpose is at your sole risk. No warranties, either express or implied are provided by SKM Furniture and all promotional deals and offers are subject to terms and conditions which may vary from time to time and the availability of stock.
SKM FUrniture agents, officers and employees:
- Make no representations, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of the information and data contained on this site;
- Accept no liability for any use of the said information and data or reliance placed on it; and
- Make no representations, either expressed or implied, as to the suitability of the said information and data for any particular purpose.
This site and its contents are subject to copyright. The copyright is owned by SKM Furniture or in the case of some material, a third party. Except as expressly authorised, the use or misuse of any of the trade marks in our website is strictly prohibited.
We welcome and encourage customers’ ideas and participation in online discussions on our Social Networking platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+, instagram. We do ask that participation complies with the network’s terms and conditions and is respectful and courteous of other visitors to the site. We will not tolerate inappropriate, offensive or misleading posts, spam or any comments which are in violation of any law, regulation or third party’s rights posts. Such posts will be removed immediately.
Social Media content should not be considered as an endorsement for the respective person, brand or concept..